Perkins Builders are currently celebrating 50 years in the Commercial Construction Industry of Western Australia. Established back in 1965, Perkins Builders has maintained its strong presence in the Perth and South West market, with an increase in portfolio of projects and size. Perkins Builders have been proud to deliver the construction of a number of landmark Western Australian buildings such as Kings Park Frasers Restaurant, the Roy Hill Head Office, the State Basketball Centre, various works at the Perth Domestic & International Airport, and the Bunbury Cathedral. With over 120 staff, Perkins is committed to the development and career progression of its staff, as it builds upon its reputation as an Employer of Choice.
We are now seeking expressions of interest for a Contract Administrator to join our growing team in Bunbury, to work on commercial projects. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience running commercial construction projects of up to $10m.
- Work closely with the site managers surrounding all on-site activities and project management;
- Establish, maintain and update all records of correspondence related to project activity;
- Obtaining all permits and construction documentation and ensuring compliance with statutory and contractual requirements;
- Liaising with subcontractors to obtain the most competitive prices, placing orders and general issues regarding the project;
- Prepare financial reports including cost forecasts, cash flow monitoring, budgets and variation and progress claims relative to the project;
- Liaising with the client on a regular basis to keep them abreast of project progress and resolve any issues that may arise; and
- Comply with Perkins Builders QA and BMS requirements.
To be considered for this role candidates must hold the following:
- Construction Management or Quantity Surveying Tertiary Qualification;
- Commercial experience and a sound knowledge of the construction industry (not essential);
- An understanding of commercial construction contracts;
- Experience utilising viewpoint software would be advantageous, however experience using a similar software would be required;
- A strong communicator with attention to detail; and
- An excellent time manager.
Perkins is a vibrant business with unique opportunities for bright and enthusiastic individuals who wish to succeed in their career. If you hold the above skills and experience we would welcome your resume and cover letter.
Please note we are accepting direct applicants only – no recruitment agencies please.