Perkins Builders are currently celebrating 50 years in the Commercial Construction Industry of Western Australia. Established back in 1965, Perkins Builders has maintained its strong presence in the Perth and South West market, with an increase in portfolio of projects and size. Perkins Builders have been proud to deliver the construction of a number of landmark Western Australian buildings such as Kings Park Frasers Restaurant, the Roy Hill Head Office, the State Basketball Centre, various works at the Perth Domestic & International Airport, and the Bunbury Cathedral. With over 120 staff, Perkins is committed to the development and career progression of its staff, as it builds upon its reputation as an Employer of Choice.
We are now seeking an experienced Contract Administrator to join our growing team in Perth, working on a large commercial construction site in the Perth region. The ideal candidate must have considerable experience in the commercial construction industry. This experience should include being the sole or senior CA on projects in the range of $15m – $50m, on a variety of commercial construction projects for a variety of clients. Experience working on school projects and aged care facilities is highly desirable.
Our Contract Administrators are expected to:
- Work closely with the site managers surrounding all on-site activities and project management;
- Establish, maintain and update all records of correspondence related to project activity;
- Obtaining all permits and construction documentation and ensuring compliance with statutory and contractual requirements;
- Liaising with subcontractors to obtain the most competitive prices, placing orders and general issues regarding the project;
- Prepare financial reports including cost forecasts, cash flow monitoring, budgets and variation and progress claims relative to the project;
- Liaising with the client on a regular basis to keep them abreast of project progress and resolve any issues that may arise; and
- Comply with Perkins Builders QA and BMS requirements.
To be considered for this role candidates must hold the following:
- Construction Management or Quantity Surveying Tertiary Qualification;
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience;
- An understanding of commercial construction contracts;
- A strong communicator with attention to detail;
- An excellent time manager;
- A valid drivers licence and white card.
Perkins is a vibrant business with unique opportunities for bright and enthusiastic individuals who wish to succeed in their career. If you hold the above skills and experience we would welcome your resume and cover letter.
Please note we are accepting direct applicants only – no recruitment agencies please.