Perkins Builders are currently celebrating 50 years in the Commercial Construction Industry of Western Australia. Established back in 1965, Perkins Builders has maintained its strong presence in the Perth and South West market, with an increase in portfolio of projects and size. Perkins Builders have been proud to deliver the construction of a number of landmark Western Australian buildings such as Kings Park Frasers Restaurant, the Roy Hill Head Office, the State Basketball Centre, various works at the Perth Domestic & International Airport, and the Bunbury Cathedral. With over 120 staff, Perkins is committed to the development and career progression of its staff, as it builds upon its reputation as an Employer of Choice.
Perkins Builders are in a unique position to consider an experienced HSEQ Manager to join its team. As HSEQ Manager within this business you will take a lead role in maintaining and further developing a strong culture of commitment to safety and quality. This role can be based out of the Perth or Bunbury office with regular travel across metropolitan region and to the corresponding office. The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for safety and quality, looking to continue in a management HSE role. It is critical that the candidate has commercial construction industry experience.
- Take ownership for the safety culture within buy ativan visa the company, driving culture and compliance through development of relationships;
- Support the culture created through relevant quality processes, providing framework for safety protocols;
- Develop, drive and facilitate the consistent implementation of improvement strategies in regards to quality and safety;
- Lead a team of HSE professionals to complete day to day HSE and Quality tasks;
- Ensure accreditations are maintained;
- Develop and implement Quality Management Plans and HSE Management Plans;
- Assist with HSEQ requirements on tender submissions;
- Review and where required, investigate accidents, incidents and near misses, completing comprehensive reports; and
- Generally provide advice and service to all areas of the construction operations in the field of HSE and Quality.
- A tertiary education in Occupational Health & Safety;
- Experience within the commercial construction industry is essential;
- A passion and experience in leading safety culture in a construction company;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build long-term working relationships;
- Experience leading a team;
- Experience maintaining the following accreditations – AS4801, ISO9001, ISO14001 & OFSC
- A thorough knowledge of legislation, codes of practice and industry standards in OHS matters;
- A flexible ‘can do’ attitude; and
- Valid Driver’s Licence, White Card and First Aid Certificate.